Poaching fish is easy peasy! Give this super simple recipe a go!
Fish. What’s better than a perfectly cooked salmon (or any fish for that matter) with some sautéed greens for a beautiful dinner with your loved one? Um nothing tops that.
This is by far one of our go to meals a couple of times per week. When buying your fish try and opt for organic wild caught and for your vegetables try to shop at your local farmers market on a Saturday morning for local produce (so much fun!) or your nearest health food store for organic produce.
Ingredients: Serves Two
2 organic wild caught salmon fillets
A fresh variety of organic greens (kale, silver beet, rainbow chard, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini) Pick all or just a few, but try and make it fun!
1 tablespoon of organic ghee
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 organic avocado (optional)
Fresh organic parsley
1/2 organic lemon
Pepper and salt to taste
Before you start with the salmon, you need to get started on the vegetables!
Wash all your green vegetables thoroughly before roughly chopping into bite sized chunks then place them into a bowl and put aside for the mean time.
Poaching your salmon
- Place the two salmon fillets in a pot or large pan (with room for some water)
- Fill the pan with some filtered water, covering half of the fillets
- Drizzle with two tablespoons of EVOO
- Turn the pan onto a medium heat and poach (with the lid removed) for around 5-10 minutes. ** The time will depend on how large your fillets are and how well done you prefer your fish
Sautéing your greens
- In a pan, place in all your vegetables with a dash of filtered water. Bring to boil then turn down to medium heat and sauté for around 5-10 minutes
- Once ready, turn off the heat and mix through the ghee
- First gently place your vegetables down on the plates then top with your succulent poached salmon
- Slice some fresh avocado on the side
- Top with fresh parsley, pepper & salt and dress with lemon