Gluten free, sugar free and dairy free Loaf. Perfect for sensitive tummies.
If you have a normal stomach unlike us and can tolerate milk and gluten, feel free to use milk instead of the water and spelt flour/wholemeal flour instead of the buckwheat!
Absolutely brilliant with our Pumpkin, Rosemary and Feta mash on a cold wintery morning. Comfort food at it’s finest
– 1 cup of buckwheat flour
– 1 cup of almond meal
– 1 – 2 tbsp of psyllium husk powder
– 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
– 1/2 cup of walnuts
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp of himalayan salt
– 2 cups of grated carrot (about two medium sized carrots)
– 3 organic eggs
– 1 chia egg (1 tbsp of chia in 3 tsp of water – let it sit)
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil
– A few drops of liquid stevia or 1 tsp of raw honey.
– 1/4 cup of water (may not need – depends on the consistency when mixing all ingredients together)
Turn your oven on to 180 degrees celsius
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
2. In a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients (except the carrot) together and throughly whisk.
3. Once adequately mixed, add the carrot.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold with a wooden spoon. Try not to mix it aggressively as you need the mixture to stay light. If you find it is too dry, add more water, if it is too sloppy, add more psyllium husk powder.
5. Transfer the mixture into a lined loaf tin or a silicon tin and top with extra sunflower seeds.
6. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until golden on top.
Enjoy with organic butter, almond butter, avocado or our scrumptious pumpkin mash. Delish!
M + S x