These bad boys definitely hit the spot if you’re after something sweet, a pick me up or a dessert. You could even have these for breakie! We absolutely love them, and being gluten free our bellies are left feeling super happy
1.5 cups of almond meal
1 large organic egg
1/4 cup of cold pressed coconut oil (melted)
1 heaped tbsp of melted organic unsalted butter
1 tsp of baking powder
1/3 of a block of dark 85% Loving Earth chocolate
1 tsp of organic pure honey/raw honey
- In one bowl mix all the dry ingredients together, leaving out the chocolate
- In another bowl add the wet ingredients
- Now you can add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Roughly chop the chocolate into small chucks. Add these in last, gently folding them through the mixture
- Okay so now you have made your cookie dough. Make it into a small ball and place in some glad wrap. Then place in the fridge for around 1 hour or so, whilst also pre heating your oven to 180 degrees celcius
- After an hour, remove the dough and set up a baking tray with some baking paper. Pull off tablespoon sized chucks from the dough and roll into balls using your hands. Place them on the tray and flatten them into nice neat cookie shapes. You should make around 9-11 cookies depending on how large you want them to be
- Place in the oven for around 10 minutes. 10 minutes will mean your cookies will be moist, if you want your cookies to be slightly crunchy simply leave in the oven for longer. However be aware you may burn them!
For all you dessert lovers out there! And coffee lovers, and banana lovers…
Ingredients (will yield two large servings or 3-4 small servings)
– Two small/medium ripe bananas
– Two tablespoons of raw cacao (we use loving earth)
– One tablespoon of ground (good quality) espresso coffee
– Pinch of himalayan salt
– 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
– Fresh blueberries or rasberries
– Dash of distilled water
1) Place all the ingredients into a food processor. Blitz them until you get a smooth consistency, adding water if you feel as though it is a tad dry
2) Place in fridge for a couple of hours before serving
3) Top with the berries! Serve in small ramekins or just use a spoon and share with your loved ones
Sooooo this is probably the most basic recipe ever created, but we are sure there are some people out there that do not know how to make a healthy and super simple Hot Chocolate!
We love this warm – velvety – chocolaty – cinnamonny – ‘hug in a mug’ drink on a cold rainy day when nothing else will cheer us up but a good old chocolate hit.
One heaped teaspoon of loving earth organic raw cacao powder
Three drops of organic natural stevial sweetener (We use Nirvana Stevia)
Around half a teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of ‘Pure Harvest’ oat milk (we warm our milk with our electric milk ‘foamer’ that we normally use to foam the milk for coffees. If you are heating the milk on the stove, you will need more milk as you will not get the same volume as you would if your milk foams. Judge the milk on the size of mug you will be using)
1) Place chocolate, cinnamon and sweetener in the mug with a dash hot water (enough to cover the dry ingredients). Stir well
2) Foam or heat up the oat milk
3) Add milk to the mug. Top the mug up with hot water. (Our milk tends to only fill the mug up 3/4 of the way- hence topping up with the hot water)
4) Give it a good stir!
4) Sprinkle with cinnamon. And voila – Enjoy this delicious HoCho on a cold rainy day (or any day of course)
You can also add a shot of organic rich coffee to make an oat milk Mocha! We like to do this on our lazy mornings with our nourishing breaky board!
Love M + S