So you know those days when you feel a little sluggish and gross? Those days when you feel like a salad but the usual roast veggie throw together is just too heavy for your poor little belly? Well, we have come up with a simple, refreshing and light green salad to ease away your tummy sorrows.
If wanting to keep it vegetarian (as protein can be a little heavy if you’re having digestive issues) – then omit the chicken….but it really is nicer with chicken – just saying!
Here is goes..
Ingredients: We try and use organic produce whenever we can, especially for the chicken!
2 small broccoli heads or one large (raw)
Half an avocado
Around six asparagus sticks (raw)
Half a zucchini (raw)
1 + 1/5 medium chicken breasts
Parsley and Mint (we grow our own, definitely recommend growing your own herbs)
1/4 of a Lemon
Olive oil (around a tablespoon per serve)
Pepper and himalayan salt (to taste)
1) Place some water and salt in a pot and bring to boil
2) In the meantime, cut chicken breast into small cube-like chunks (try and get the pieces the same size so they cook at the same rate).
3) Wash all the vegetables THOROUGHLY.
4) Cut up the vegetables any way you like, we tend to simply break up the broccoli and then cut it into smaller pieces (even the stem). With the zucchini and asparagus we also cut them into small bit sized pieces.
5) When the water is ready place the chicken pieces in for around 4-6 mins. You will have to test a piece to ensure they are not too pink inside. You want the chicken to be soft enough if you wanted to shred it. However we do not tend to shred ours, we prefer leaving them in cubed chunks. But each to their own! 🙂
6) Cut up haloumi into small rectangular pieces. Pan fry until golden on both sides. You can use some coconut oil if you wish, we never do as we don’t see the need to.
7) Dice the avocado
8) Now its time to get your hands dirty and mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl! Add the olive oil, lemon, pepper and himalayan salt. And finally top it off with your herbs!
Very simple – Great detoxifying foods that will leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied!