It’s the middle of the week which means it’s Spring Salad time!
After a morning spent watching the french news, eating a version of our famous breaky boards and swimming laps at our local pool, we came home and made a ‘Herb Salad Party’. We call this a party as we literally added so many herbs from our garden! Well only parsley and mint were actually invited…
Anyway, in went these herb babies with the rest of our ingredients and the end result tasted like sunshine and gardens.
So good, so spring.
Oh and we leave for Europe in 10 weeks and we are so damn excited.
Serves two hungry twins after a swim
-1 small organic avocado
– 1 cup of peas
– 1 cup of cooked quinoa (we cook up a big batch at the beginning of the week and store in the fridge for quick and easy lunches)
– 2 cups of shredded spinach
– 1/2 a cup of finely chopped mint (and a few extra whole leaves for garnishing)
– 1/2 a cup of finely chopped parsely
– 1 can of organic sustainably caught mackerel in olive oil
– 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries
– Himalayan Salt to taste
– Pepper to taste
1. Heat up the quinoa and peas either in a saucepan with a dash of water or in a microwave if you’re short for time. Again, as mentioned in the ingredients – we pre-cook our quinoa.
2. As the quinoa is heating up, start finely chopping your spinach, mint and parsley. Also, slice your avocado into small cubes.
3. Add the greens and the avocado to the warm quinoa and pea mix. Thoroughly mix with your hands and evenly distribute onto two plates.
4. Now for the toppings! Add half the can of mackerel to each dish and drizzle the oil evenly between the two. Finish with topping with the freshest and plumpest blueberries you can find!
5. Garnish with the last couple of mint leaves and a tad of pepper and himalayan salt.
All done, ready to gobble up.