– Two large organic parsnips (or three medium)
– One can of organic chickpeas
– 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (and and extra tablespoon)
– Pinch of himalayan salt
– Pinch of pepper
– One teaspoon of turmeric
– One teaspoon of cumin
– One teaspoon of tahini
– 1 cup of distilled water (this will vary on then consistency of your mash, you may need more)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2) Wash, peel and dice the parsnips. Then roast them in one tablespoon of olive oil for around 45 minutes (or until soft and golden)
3) Once parsnips are ready, put them aside and let them cool. Meanwhile start prepping the meal you will serve your mash with, or just chill out and do some yoga
4) When your parsnip has cooled, grab your food processor and place in the cooled parsnip pieces. Blitz them until they become a mash consistency. Add the can of chickpeas (drain them first!), water, tahini and spices. You will have to add more water if your mash is too thick and not blending properly
5) Serve on a nut and seed loaf, with falafels or topped on a salad!
Ciao! Were off to drink chai lattes and get our hair treatments, because really who likes dry hair?