For all you dessert lovers out there! And coffee lovers, and banana lovers…
Ingredients (will yield two large servings or 3-4 small servings)
– Two small/medium ripe bananas
– Two tablespoons of raw cacao (we use loving earth)
– One tablespoon of ground (good quality) espresso coffee
– Pinch of himalayan salt
– 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
– Fresh blueberries or rasberries
– Dash of distilled water
1) Place all the ingredients into a food processor. Blitz them until you get a smooth consistency, adding water if you feel as though it is a tad dry
2) Place in fridge for a couple of hours before serving
3) Top with the berries! Serve in small ramekins or just use a spoon and share with your loved ones
So, we’ve joined the bliss ball club. It’s pretty awesome.
We definitely love our snacks, I mean who doesn’t? The idea that some people go hours and hours between each meal without a nibble or a graze just baffles us. Snacks provide your body with energy to continuously burn, allowing your metabolism to remain active and alert. They stabilise your blood sugar levels and prevent that 3 pm mind fog. Adding protein to your snacks and some healthy fats also keeps you sustained throughout the day, preventing over-eating at meal times.
We joined the snack club years ago, but we are only recent members of the bliss ball club.
You should join the club too.
1 cup of dates (pitted)
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
1 tbsp of cacao (or more if you’re a choccie fan!)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
A pinch of himalayan salt
1 tbsp of chia seeds or flax seeds
2-3 tbsp of coconut oil
**If you’re a protein powder kinda gal/guy, feel free to add a scoop to give these babies an added protein punch. We personally don’t use protein powder but if you do, try adding it in and let us know how it goes!
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend till the desired consistency. You may need to add some water as you want the mixture to stick well together.
Once blended, roll into balls and coat with more coconut or more cacao! Pop in the fridge to let them set a bit. We usually leave them in the fridge over night before grabbing one to munch on.
So delicious as a mid morning snack, 3 pm pick-me-up or an after dinner treat. Go on, jump on the bliss ball bandwagon and give them a go!
Sooooo this is probably the most basic recipe ever created, but we are sure there are some people out there that do not know how to make a healthy and super simple Hot Chocolate!
We love this warm – velvety – chocolaty – cinnamonny – ‘hug in a mug’ drink on a cold rainy day when nothing else will cheer us up but a good old chocolate hit.
One heaped teaspoon of loving earth organic raw cacao powder
Three drops of organic natural stevial sweetener (We use Nirvana Stevia)
Around half a teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of ‘Pure Harvest’ oat milk (we warm our milk with our electric milk ‘foamer’ that we normally use to foam the milk for coffees. If you are heating the milk on the stove, you will need more milk as you will not get the same volume as you would if your milk foams. Judge the milk on the size of mug you will be using)
1) Place chocolate, cinnamon and sweetener in the mug with a dash hot water (enough to cover the dry ingredients). Stir well
2) Foam or heat up the oat milk
3) Add milk to the mug. Top the mug up with hot water. (Our milk tends to only fill the mug up 3/4 of the way- hence topping up with the hot water)
4) Give it a good stir!
4) Sprinkle with cinnamon. And voila – Enjoy this delicious HoCho on a cold rainy day (or any day of course)
You can also add a shot of organic rich coffee to make an oat milk Mocha! We like to do this on our lazy mornings with our nourishing breaky board!
Love M + S