Super simple carrot mash that can be incorporated to any meal!
– Organic carrots, approximately four medium to large (the more carrots used the more mash you will make)
– One clove of garlic
– Basal paste
– Coconut oil
– One cup of water (you will need more if you use more carrots)
– Wash, peel and cut carrots into small chunks (approximately 2cm by 2cm)
– In a large pan (we use a wok), add one teaspoon of coconut oil, one teaspoon of basal paste, and one garlic clove that has been cut into quarters
– Turn the pan on medium to high heat, and cook until the garlic turns golden
– Once golden turn down the heat to low and add the carrots with approximately one cup of water (if you have more carrots you will need more water and vise versa)
– Place the lid on and let it simmer until most of the water has been absorbed by the carrots (you should easily be able to place a knife through the carrots at this stage)
– Once this stage has been reached, turn up the heat and cook the carrots until the remainder of the water has been absorbed. Cook until the carrots begin to brown
– Turn off the heat and place the carrots on a plate (you can stop here and enjoy them as they are – great add to any salad, side to any dish or as a simple delicious snack!)
– If you want to continue to make it into a mash, grab a fork and flatten/squash each chunk. You don’t want to turn it into a ‘sloppy’ mash. You still want it to be more of a ‘chunky’ mash so it adds more texture to a dish
– And voila! You have made your basal and garlic infused carrot mash!
We enjoy our mash in the mornings on toast topped with avocado. However it can be used as a dip, side to any dish or in a salad!
Love M xxx